Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike

Well, I was so excited not to have to go into work today. It's the beginning of the school year, so of course I'm sick. (Yes, I love my kids, but man are they germy!) I just wanted to sleep. And I got to sleep in today and take a nice, long nap this afternoon. I'm staying at my house for the hurricane, and Erin's come over to stay with me. When I went over to my mom's earlier, it was just really eerie out. Families were outside playing in the yards, while their homes were boarded up. The wind has really picked up. Other than that, it's just a normal night. No rain, just QUIET. We're supposed to feel the worst of it around 3 in the morning, with probable tornadoes. That's what scares me the most. But, it's an adventure. I'll be able to say, "I lived through Ike!"

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good luck! Stay safe! We are praying for y'all! Love you!