Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike update

I will post pictures as soon as the other computer starts working again. The storm got really bad around 3 AM, and the power went out soon after that. I tried to stay awake, but fell asleep at about 4. When I woke up, sweating, at 8:30, it was raining. I lost a huge branch off my tree in the front, and the rest of the tree will need to come down. My power came back on around 3 in the afternoon.

There's lots of clean-up to be done, and church is cancelled tomorrow because of all the debris on the roads. So, I'm safe, all I know are safe, and it was an adventure. I lived through Ike!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Shannon! Thanks so much for your phone call. It's great to know you're safe & there was rather minimal damage to your house. I can't believe they canceled church today!