Sunday, August 10, 2008

My trip to Longmont



I was able to go up to visit Colorado again this summer. I got a ride up with Chuck, Charles, and my mom, and Danny got me a ticket to fly home (thanks, Danny!). I knew I liked CO, but I really do want to live there, I think. We were able to go biking together, and though the altitude really wore me out, it was beautiful and I enjoyed spending the time outdoors with friends.

When I got to Colorado, I still had a paper that needed to be written, so I spent the first 2 days with the Amasons. It was nice to visit with Karen and Rebecca, and it was quiet so that I was able to finish my paper (and earn a 100% in the class!).

While in Longmont, I scrapbooked, played with Kaelah, made some new friends, and just had a lot of relaxed fun. I tried very hard for Kaelah to learn to say "Aunt Shanny" or something close to that while I was there. Instead, being the stubborn girl that she is, she made up a face for me. It involves opening your mouth as big as you can, flexing your toes and hands, and puffing out your chests. Here, Kaelah kindly demonstrates the actions in two steps:

Hilarious, K. I'm laughing just remembering it.

Thank you so much, Sarah & Danny, for inviting me to come visit you again. And thanks to Karyl, too, for helping to entertain me. I really enjoyed showing Kaelah how her 1st birthday cake needed to be attacked!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hooray for the Aunt Shanny face!!! You need to come back b/c she's stopped doing it already!!! I guess we'll have to try again when we come to Houston during spring break! Yeah!!!