Sunday, August 10, 2008

California


I really could write for days about our family trip to California, but I don't feel like it right now. It was fun. We did everything-Disneyland, California Adventure, Universal Studios, San Diego Zoo, Sea World, the beach, and we even got to experience an earthquake. We were going all day long, so my feet still hurt, but I had a blast and lost some weight, too! Here's a list of some things that stand out from the trip:



  • The Pinocchio ride "experienced technical difficulties" while we were riding it, so we got to get out of the car and walk along the track through the ride.

Cinderella's Fairy Godmother told me, "I believe there's already a prince out there who has his eye on you!"

I got talked into riding Space Mountain and screamed the entire time, making my throat hurt for the rest of the day.

  • My family left me behind, so I went to Disneyland's Town Hall to call my mom, and I was given a button saying that I am an "honorary citizen of Disneyland."

  • I saw Bai Yun, Zhen Zhen, and Su Lin!!!!

  • Sleeping Beauty told Charles, "Happy birthday, Charles," during the parade.








  • Frankenstein tried to make out with me!

  • Austin pushed me away from him at the table, telling me, "Go!" until I left.

  • We met Santa.






I was able to stay in California to visit Charlotte for a couple extra days after my family went home. I found a new best friend in a two-year-old. Jaiden woke me up every morning to play with "Nana." I was worn out from the week-long vacation, so we mostly just stayed home. Charlotte took me to Hollywood to do the touristy thing, so I met Batman and Jack Sparrow locked me up. We found stars' names on the walk and even got to see a show being taped (TLC's 10 Years Younger). It was nice to talk with Peter and catch up with Charlotte. It was hard to say good-bye to them, but they be in town for our 10 year reunion (AAAHHH!) in a few weeks, so I'll get to see them all again soon.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like it couldn't have been better! I'm so happy for you!!!